Dr. J.V. Dixit MBBS, MD(PSM), PGDHA, PGDHRM, FISCD, FIAPSM
Dr.J.V.Dixit [MBBS, MD(PSM), PGDHA, PGDHRM, FISCD, FIAPSM], with 26 years of teaching experience, is working as Professor and Head of Community Medicine Department at Government Medical College, Latur, Maharashtra.
- He has done MD in Preventive and Social Medicine in 1990, PG Diploma in Hospital Administration in 1991 and PG Diploma in Human Resource Management in 1995.
- He has received three national and four state level awards for his contribution in the field of health education through books, news papers, Radio and Television.
- He was honored with Best Teacher (medical faculty) award and Dr.Shardini Dahanukar Best of the best teachers (all faculties) award by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik for the year 2015-2016.
- He received Dwarika Sangamnerkar Foundation’s Shatayushi award.
- He was awarded Dr.Suresh Nadkarni Mitramandal award by state branch of Indian Medical Association.
- He was awarded fellowship by Indian Society for Malaria and other Communicable Diseases.
- He was awarded fellowship by Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine.
- He has written books namely “Principles and practice of biostatistics” and “Principles and practice of Medical Research” widely used by medical students all over India as reference books.
- He has published more than forty research articles in reputed medical journals.
- He has written 20 books in Marathi for health education of lay people.
- He is a sincere, dedicated teacher. He is recognized PG and PhD guide of Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- He is active in voluntary blood donation campaign and has donated blood more than fifty times.
- He has worked as consultant for WHO, UNICEF and other NGOs.
- Presently he is involved in research to prevent obesity and diabetes. His book “Effortless Weightloss” on this subject is very popular.